- Does your family have any Super Bowl traditions? What are they? Any favorite Super Bowl memories?
- Share a high point and a low point from this past week?
- Was there anything specific from the sermon this week that you took away?
Application: Our treasure is in the source of life itself.
- Read 2 Corinthians 4:1-6. What sort of contrasts do you see being made in this section of Scripture?
- What do these contrasts have to do with Paul attempting to convince the Corinthians that he was proclaiming to them the gospel of God versus some other teaching?
- How do people know that the message of the gospel that you share with them is in fact real? What types of characteristics do you display?
Application: The treasure results in transformation and daily renewal.
- Read 2 Corinthians 4:7-18. Tony towards the beginning of the sermon quoted Jim Elliot saying, “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.” Where do you see this in Paul’s heart based on 2 Corinthians 4:7-18?
- This section discussed treasures in jars of clay. What is the treasure of your life? How do you know that you are valuing it as the treasure?
- What are some of the temporary sufferings you are currently enduring and how do they relate to your mission of sharing the gospel with others?
- How are you sharing those sufferings with your Christian community?
Bible Reading Plan
01/26 2 Corinthians 4:1-6
01/27 2 Corinthians 4:7-18
01/28 Colossians 3:1-11
01/29 Isaiah 40:29-31
01/30 Romans 12:1-2
01/31 Ephesians 3:14-21
02/01 2 Corinthians 4:1-18