- This past January was the gloomiest since 1963, but there was a lot of sunshine on Feb 1 and 2. How did you use the sunshine this last weekend?
- What has been your favorite and least favorite place you have lived?
- Did your experiences at those places influence how often you thought about your eternal home?
Application: Knowing our destination proves certainty and clarity
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:1-10. Some street evangelists will use the question, “Do you know where you are going when you die?” to get people talking. How confident are you in your answer to that question?
- What are some of the different things you would see in a person who is 100% confident in their answer and someone who is only 50% confident? What types of risks are you more willing to take and what does it do to how bold we are?
- What areas of your life currently would you say are not reflecting that you are 100% confident that one day “we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.”
- What are some things you do to keep thinking this way?
Application: We can’t lose sight of the significance of journey.
- What are some of the mundane tasks in your life that you often overlook and just go through the motions?
- Has there been a period in your life where you wish you would have slowed down and appreciated more? For example, consider the last few years spent with a deceased relative, the last few years spent living with your kids at home, being in a specific community.
- How does being plugged into a Christian community help someone slow down and appreciate the sanctification process the Lord currently has them in?
- What’s something you currently need to slow down in to recognize the significance of why God has you there?
02/02 2 Corinthians 5:1-10
02/03 Romans 8:8-13
02/04 Ephesians 1:13-14
02/05 Philippians 1:20-24
02/06 1 John 3:2
02/07 2 Timothy 4:7-8
02/08 2 Corinthians 5:1-10