Young people are asking, "How do I find a Christian mentor?". And Berean is responding by equipping you to be a spiritual mentor, whether you're a parent, aunt, uncle, grandparent, neighbor, friend, or simply a friendly person who wants to share their faith in Jesus Christ. The Greater Impact Conference is an in-person event on March 5 and 6 to encourage, challenge, and equip people of all ages so they can have a greater impact on the spiritual maturity of the next generation.
What Is the Role of a Spiritual Mentor?
A Christian mentor is someone who wants the best for someone they care about. They have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and they encourage other people they know to also grow in a relationship with Jesus.
"For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing" (2 Corinthians 2:15 ESV).
Many of us feel inadequate in this role, so we're tempted to rely on Christian professionals to nurture faith in the people we care about. However, when we do that, we miss out on the opportunity we have as the primary influences in a child or teen's life. We already have an authentic caring relationship, so the church's role is to come alongside us as a partner who will equip and encourage us as we help others grow in faith.
Why Should I Come to the Greater Impact Conference?
Showing love and kindness to a family member or friend probably comes naturally, but we don't always know what to say. Life circumstances can be hard, and children and teens ask hard questions. In light of our current culture, Christians need to be prepared now to enter into a younger person's spiritual journey.
The Greater Impact Conference is an in-person-only event. We want you to engage fully with all our speakers and interact with each other during the breakout sessions. Berean has CDC-compliant accommodations in place to assure everyone has a safe experience.
What Can I Expect at the Greater Impact Conference
You'll find all the conference details and registration here. The conference check-in begins Friday evening at 5:30 p.m. and it concludes on Saturday at 12:30 p.m. There will be three keynote sessions by our guest speakers:
- Jason Gaston - What Transforms the Heart
- Kellen Moore - Widening the Sphere of Influence
- Ben Trueblood - Fostering a Missional Heart
There also will be two breakout sessions that continue the teaching and discussion. Choose from the following sessions:
- How Berean Is Partnering with the Home - Tanner Pinkerman and Ben Holden
- You Do You: Discipling Teenagers in an Individualist-Obsessed Culture - Dusty Decker
- Four Pillars of Godly Worldview: Equipping the Next Generation - Blaine Stephenson
- Discipling Children: 8 Spiritual Practices Every Parent (and Grandparent) Can Do - Josh Mulvihill
- Special Needs, Extraordinary God - Tahni Cullen
- Why the Family Is Critical to the Faith Development of a Young Person - Travis Armstrong
- Sowing Seeds in Your Preschooler - Kelly Peterson and Rebekah Hall
- Parenting Like Our Heavenly Father - Maggie Combs
- Technology for God's Glory: Seven Steps for Disciples and Families - Daniel Viezbicke
- Rethinking Your Family Rhythm - John Eiselt
- Creating a Sending Culture in Your Families and Ministries - Jason Gaston
- Neuroplasticity and the Overstimulated Brain - Brad Bychinski
How Do I Register for the Greater Impact Conference?
The cost for this in-person event is only $15 for an individual or $25 for a married couple. You can register here!
P.S. Do you know someone who also would be interested in attending? Please invite them! The conference is open to everyone who wants to impact the next generation by helping them develop an authentic faith in Jesus Christ.