Read these suggested scripture passages throughout the week
9/29 Ephesians 4:1-16
9/30 Hebrews 4:12
10/1 Psalm 68:18
10/3 1 Peter 4:10-11
10/4 Ephesians 4:1-16
10/5 Revelation 3:1-22
Sep 29- Oct 5 (Downloadable PDF
Ephesians 4:1-16 Pastor Tony Manning
Take about 45 minutes during your missional community gathering to discuss what God is teaching you and how he is leading you in light of the weekend sermon.
- What was a high point and a low point from you past week?
- How have you experienced church dis-unity in the past?
- How have you experienced church unity in the past?
Application: Jesus + nothing = everything. Jesus + anything = nothing
- Read Ephesians 4:1-16. What are some of the Christian character traits listed in verses 1-3?
- Which one of these is the easiest and hardest for you personally?
- What does Paul mean when he writes in verse 3, “the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”
- What are things we can do as members of the church that others who visit would be able to identify that we are living this out?
- What is the biggest challenge preventing the modern church from having this , "unity of the spirit?” how would you suggest we overcome it?
Application: Everyone has a ministry that should be discipling someone in the Gospel.
- Read Ephesians 4:15-16. Who are the members of the body of Christ? Is the membership different for pastors, elders, and ministry leaders?
- How would you describe the entertainment culture within the modern American church? How does this culture fall victim to the warnings in verses 13 and 14?
- How would you respond to a church member who says, “making disciples and ministry is the role of the pastors and paid staff?” (hint: contrast verses 11 & 12)
- In what ways have you been convicted to serve the body and help it grow in the last year?
- What do you do to help you grow into “mature manhood/ womanhood and to the fullness of Christ,” that Paul describes in verse 13?