Revelation 1:8-20 Pastor Wes Feltner
Take about 45 minutes during your missional community gathering to discuss what God is teaching you and how he is leading you in light of the weekend sermon.
- How were you challenged in your faith during this last week? Was there anything from a conversation you had or from your bible readings?
- What is something that you have needed encouragement for in the past? What kind of encouragement did you receive?
- What have you found most encouraging to your faith? Has the book of revelation
Application: If you’re not being persecuted for Jesus, then there is not enough Jesus in you to persecute.
- Wes pointed out the John wrote Revelation in the mid 90’s during the reigns of Nero and Domitian when Christians were heavily persecuted. What are some of the things Wes mentioned or you may know about how Christians were persecuted at that time? How do you think your faith would hold up if you lived at that time?
- What are some ways Christians are persecuted around the world today? Have you supported them in any way?
- How would you describe the persecution of the American church today? Should we be expected to be persecuted within our culture today? Why or why not?
- If a person had never been exposed to Christianity before, but they knew you from work, how would they describe Christ?
- Would you say that you clearly and actively share the gospel with people on a weekly basis who are not Christians? How can you improve on this?
Application: Our motivation for enduring the mission in tribulation is a clear vision of our victorious king
- Read Revelation 1:9-20. What do the symbols of Jesus’ appearance represent about who he is?
- Did you find any of these to be the most encouraging to you? How do they help keep you motivated to endure persecution?
- We often see the picture of a gentle Caucasian man praying to represent Jesus. In your mind, how do you think you picture who Jesus is today?
- How do you think that image has impacted your view of your relationship with Him and His relationship to the world?
- What are some practical ways you can re-frame how you’re picturing Jesus in your mind to better align with his heavenly description so you can continue to live your life on mission?