Take about 45 minutes during your missional community gathering to discuss what God is teaching you and how he is leading you in light of the weekend sermon.
- What have you been reading in your devotions this past week? Did anything in your reading prove relevant to your week?
- Did you get the opportunity to have any gospel conversations with unbelievers this week?
- what have you found most helpful from the Revelation series so far?
Application: Even when all you see is suffering, God is still sovereign
- Read Revelation 4:1-11. Have you ever heard the argument; how can there be a God when there is all this evil in the world? How have you responded?
- When was a time in your life when you most doubted God’s sovereignty?
- During that time, did you doubt God’s existence more or his love for you?
- If you were counseling a Christian in a situation of despair, how would you counsel with the truth of God’s sovereignty?
- How would you know the difference between when someone is in a trial of perseverance or discipline over sin?
Application: Even when life seems hopeless, Jesus still has your life in his hands
- What are some promises in scripture you turn to in times of stress? How have these helped in the past?
- Read Revelation 5:1-5. When reading this passage what came to your mind when you thought of Jesus? Had you viewed him in this way before?
- What makes it so hard to take the image of Jesus’ sovereignty in Revelation and trust it in our lives today?
- Wes explained the scene change John is going through in looking from earth's view to heavens view. Did you find meditating on this different perspective to be helpful?
- Where in your life today do you need to be reminded that it is not as it appears?