2 Peter 1:3-11 Pastor Roger Thompson
Take about 45 minutes during your missional community gathering to discuss what God is teaching you and how he is leading you in light of the weekend sermon.
1. Share a high point and a low point from your previous week?
2. With the fall season upon us, what are some challenges or opportunities you are expecting to have with your faith walk?
3. When gearing the sermon from pastor Roger this past Sunday, was there anything about your faith walk that stood out to you?
Application: We are saved by grace, but maturity comes with practice
1. Read Romans 5:1. Why do you think we as Americans have a hard time believing we are completely justified in the past, present, and future?
2. In what ways have you found yourself trying to earn your salvation from day-to-day?
3. What are some signs you have learned indicate that a person is becoming spiritually mature?
4. Are there specific spiritual disciplines that have helped you become spiritually mature?
5. Which spiritual disciplines do you think would be most helpful to practice as a group? How could you incorporate them into your current missional community?
Application: Performance in crisis is largely determined by preparation in practice
1. Has there been a season in your life where you knew you were ill-prepared spiritually to handle a life crisis? What was the result?
2. Has there been a season in your life where you were well prepared spiritually? In what ways were you able to speak life into others during that time?
3. What role should community play in holding you accountable to being spiritually disciplined?
4. What role should the church, in the sense of an organization, not the body, hold in helping you become spiritually disciplined?
5. What role should your marriage partner hold in helping you be spiritually disciplined?