Take about 45 minutes during your missional community gathering to discuss what God is teaching you and how he is leading you in light of the weekend sermon.
- We are now several weeks into the Revelation series. Has there been something from the series that has been most profound or helpful to you?
- Share a high and a low point from this last week?
- Wes shared the story from Pilgrims Progress about Satan throwing water on the fire of grace while Christ throws oil to keep it going. How do you relate to this story?
Application: Tribulation is not something that happens only at the end time, tribulation happens throughout time.
- Read revelation 6:1-8:5. Was there one of the seals that stood out to you?
- What questions do you have about this passage after reading it and hearing Wes’ sermon?
- How would you respond to someone who is doubting Christ sovereignty over these things?
- Have you been connected to any form of martyrdom around the world either via missions trips or someone you know?
- How do we see Christian persecution here in the U.S and what does it do to our mindset about how the Christian life should be lived and how the church should operate?
Application: History is moving from a creation in chaos to a creation in Christ
- What is a wrong that you have wanted to make right in this lifetime? Was it a wrong done to you or someone else?
- What makes it so hard for us to trust that Jesus will right the wrongs?
- At any point in your faith journey after becoming a Christian, did you doubt your salvation and fear judgment?
- Was there a section of scripture or a Christian friend that brought you out of that fear?
- What buckets of oil is Jesus pouring into your life right now to help keep your flam of grace going in the midst of a creation in chaos?