Take about 45 minutes during your missional community gathering to discuss what God is teaching you and how he is leading you in light of the weekend sermon.
- Have any of you been to a vineyard? Where was it and how was the experience?
- What some of the ways we experience the fruit of a vineyard? Do you have any favorites?
- What are some of the spiritual fruits you have seen in others or in yourself?
- How have you experienced them personally and do you have any that you appreciate most?
Application: God purges and prunes
- Read John 15:1-8. Who are the two different types of people Jesus is identifying in this parable and what the expected end results for both of them?
- What is the purpose behind the pruning?
- What are some things a person might go through in the pruning process? What has this looked like in your own life?
- Does it surprise you that God would rather have us go through a pruning process in order to bear more fruit than remain comfortable with our needs met and our wishes fulfilled? Why would he want this?
- What role should your Christian community play in the pruning process? How is it currently doing that or does it even? What are some steps you as a Missional community can do to accomplish this?
Application: Your love for people will be focused on their need and not your want
- Read John 15: 9-17) How would you define love? What is a biblical definition of love, any verses come to mind?
- Does the bible reserve this kind of love for any specific type of relationship? What are some ways it is expressed in marriage, parenting, Christian relationships, and secular relationships? Is there any biblical evidence it differing in forms depending on these types of relationships?
- What is the purpose of loving people like this? Where do Christians get the capability to love like this?
- In your Christian walk, have you ever felt the loss of the inability to do this or experienced a season of life where it seemed harder?