Take about 45 minutes during your missional community gathering to discuss what God is teaching you and how he is leading you in light of the weekend sermon.
- What are some highlights from your Christmas this year?
- Was there anything you found yourself more thankful for than you previously realized?
- (It’s okay to take extra time discussing this one.) When reflecting on 2019 how would you describe your relationship with God? What are some things you learned and some things you wish you would have done differently?
- Read Matthew 28:16-20. Do you find it interesting that in verse 17 it says that some doubted? Why do you think Matthew recorded this detail? How is it helpful for us?
- What does it mean when Jesus says, “all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me?” How does having authority defer from being in control?
- What is encouraging about Jesus’ statement of authority in light of the command he gives in verse 19?
- We know that God is everywhere (omnipresence). What might be the significance of Jesus instructing his disciples to meet him one last time on the mount in Galilee?
- Read Psalm 24:1-6. What are some perspectives you’ve held in the past about what it takes to interact with, see, or experience the presence of God?
- How have these perspectives been helpful or harmful?
- What does it mean to have a pure heart? Does Matthew 28:16-20 aid in how you would describe it?
- How would you describe to an unbeliever what it means to experience the presence of God in a tangible way?
12/29 Matthew 28:16-20
12/30 Psalm 24:1-6
2/31 Hebrews 9:11-14
01/1 Matthew 5:2-11
01/2 James 4:1-12
01/3 Psalm 51:1-12
01/4 Matthew 28:16-20